Course will starts on 16th of August 2015 and ends 22nd of August 2015.
Scientific programme will include:
- Mycology day (out- and indoor moulds, airborne moulds sampling and identification, moulds and health impact).
- Botany day (modern phenology, plant invasions – challenges for routine aerobiology, plant investigation (field work) in different habitats).
- Vegetation day (application of air pollution and aerobiological data in land management, pollen dispersion modelling).
- Climate day (influence of climate on pollen behaviour, application of meteodata in aerobiology, modelling).
- Data handling day (quality control, new technics, data dissemination of aerobiological information).
Detailed programme you can download here.
Social programme will include:
- Visit to Hill of Crosses. The Hill of Crosses is the national pilgrimage center of Lithuania. Hundreds of thousands of crosses standing on a small hill represent Christian devotion and is a memorial to Lithuanian national identity. For more information.
- Excursion to Vilnius. The capital of Lithuania, is one of the most frequently visited cities of Eastern Europe. It draws attention, not only because of its unique architectural character, but also by its cultural events and attractions. The historical centre of Vilnius, the Old Town, (Senamiestis) is one of the largest old town centres in Eastern Europe (covering almost 360 hectares). The Old Town is situated in a picturesque valley of two rivers – the Vilnia and the Neris, at the crossroads of trade roads, next to the ford, which was guarded by Vilnius castle in the olden times. For more information.
- Visit to Kurtuvenai Regional Park. Park is situated on the edge of Samogitia hilly land, on the watershed of the Venta and Dubysa rivers. The combination of a highly-diversified vegetation, predominantly of coniferous forests, with a landscape covered with numerous wetlands, tiny lakes and streams determines the huge variety of animal life found in the park. For more information.